Wednesday 20 June 2007

Here we go now!

The tent has been checked, the clothes are on the bed and we'll be off soon.

The important things first, I mixed the Absinthe this morning into plastic bottles, I got the measures right on the first one, the next one I did ... mmmm. Let's just say it's ominously labled "2".
We had a cracking storm here last night. The weather gods have already begun to task us. Bring it on! We survived Flash Flood Friday in 2005. Oh Five was our first Glastonbury and we vowed to be back for this year, some nail bitting and regular refreshing of our browser windows and we are on our way. Last time, after the bands finish around midnight, we made very good use of The Gin Palace, and I doubt much will change this year.

The "definite see" this year will be The Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, Amy Winehouse and The Who. I also hope to get to see The Pigeon Detectives on the John Peel stage, the best new band I've heard this year.

No doubt we will also be catching Billy Bragg at some point too, along with Mark Thomas who will both be on the Left Field stage.

Well, must press on, I have a rucksack to pack and I still haven't sorted out the Mummies Curse we always put on the tent, to ward off the tent raiders.

Love you all,

Paul

No comments: